Monday 9 May 2011

Molossian dog

 This project was fantastic. It was the first time I had done anything like this. The project were to find an 3D object in the British Museums' Egyptian of Roman department.

I absolutely fell in love with the sculpture of the Molossian dog, which is a marble sculpture, it also goes under the mane Jennings Dog. The project was to small to do a replica of the entire sculpture, so I decided to make just the head. The first picture is of the dog in clay. After a lot of work, using plaster, fibre glass, car filler and a lot of sanding and paint it ended up looking like the picture underneath. This project is the reason I'm now working on a new fibre glass sculpture for my elective. It gave me a sweet taste of sculpturing in 3D, and casting it in fibre glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment